The ultra-healthy people of Himalaya drink tea made with a herb called tumuro which they pick from the mountainside; this herb was once mistakenly identified as ‘tomorrow’ tea by visitors in 1970s who sent back exaggerated reports of Himalayan people living to the ages of 130 and 140 years old (they don’t, but they are exceptionally healthy nonetheless). This tea works as a Detox Tea, Anti-Aging Tea, and even as a Skin Youngness Tea.
This Himalayan herbal tea is a long standing tradition of Asian culture, and today, it is considered one of the most outstanding super foods on the market. General properties of this tea are; high in Antioxidants, cancer fighting by Catechin, relaxation, increasing memory and concentration, increasing energy level, burns calories, detoxifies, fortifies the immune system, balancing cholesterol level, and oral care.
People take “tumuro” for breathing problems including cough, bronchitis, and swollen airways. They also take it for kidney and bladder disorders, to improve blood circulation, to lower bad cholesterol, and to treat intestinal gas and colic. They also use it to improve sleep, to stimulate the immune system, and to treat infections.
Note: Herbal tea is not suitable for pregnant women.
This tea can be used to treat the following problems
- Kidney problems
- Bladder problems
- Intestinal gas
- Improving blood circulation
- Lowering bad cholesterol
Respiratory Healing Tea
- If you are showing symptoms for the common cold or flu then consider drinking a cup of hot herbal tea sweetened with nice golden honey. This popular herbal remedy may help strengthen your respiratory system and combat your head cold.
- This herbal tea is particularly good as an expectorant, helping to clear mucous from lungs and congested passageways, relieving nasty coughs. It may prove useful in cases of bronchitis, laryngitis and whooping coughs.
- In case of fever, this herbal tea may help promote sweating, helping your body to cool down as it fights the infection causing the high temperatures.
- Breathing in the steam of this herb infusion may be quite helpful to clear the nasal passages in the occurrence of infections or simple allergies. At the same time, this steam may also help clean the air of a sickroom with its antiseptic and anti-bacterial action.
- This tea may treat other respiratory problems such as allergies, sinusitis and hay fever. Its antispasmodic action may help soothe and relaxes respiratory muscles and reduce the severity of asthma attacks.
- Are you prone to suffering from digestive problems from a simple stomach ache to more serious irritable bowel syndrome? You may then wish to try drinking a cup of herbal tea.
- This herbal tea may help to help soothe stomach muscles and calm intestinal spasms that cause painful cramping and flatulence. It may help soothe cases of colic, spastic colon and irritable bowel syndrome.
- Herbal tea may prove great for those who have a weak stomach. A cup of this tea may help ease feelings of nausea, particularly when you blend it with ginger, helping you to recover your appetite.
- This tea is often used by those wishing to get rid of parasites and worms in the digestive tract, at the same time it removes excessive mucous and toxins from the intestines. It may even treat and prevent diarrhoea.
Nerve Tonic and Pain Relief
Herbal tea is great to give you an energetic boost as it is considered a stimulant said to promote longevity, clear thinking and general feelings of well-being.
- This tonic tea may help if you are suffering from a nervous condition such as depressive states and mood swings, bouts of insomnia or exhaustion, and feelings of melancholy.
- Herbal tea makes a healing infusion that may be used when you have a headache or a migraine. You should actually try to take this tea as soon as possible, not allowing the headache to settle in.
- This herbal tea may be used as an analgesic to relieve muscle pain. You may drink the tea or use it to infuse your bath water with the healing properties of this herb “tumuro”.
Heart and Brain Protection
- A cup of herbal tea a day may help protect your heart and brain as it is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, essential to help lower cholesterol levels and deliver healthy nutrients to the brain cells.
- Herbal tea may also help lower blood pressure by improving blood circulation increasing the amount of iron in the blood, thus aiding in cases of anaemia.
- You heart and brain may be helped by the strong presence of antioxidants in this infusion. Antioxidants such as those present in this herb may also help to prevent and remove tumor growths.
- A daily cup of herbal tea may be a great aid for your immune system, boosting your bodily defences against infection caused by microbes, viruses, bacteria or fungi.
- Its action may be both in the way of speeding up recovery from illness, but also in terms of protecting against future ailments, both internally and externally.
- This herbal tea may help to treat urinary and kidney infections, alleviating symptoms of water retention and incontinence.
- You may use this tea as an antiseptic gargle to treat mouth and throat infections, and even get rid of bad breath. You may use it as a disinfectant to help clear away harmful elements that could cause inflammation and pain.
One may face low/moderate blood pressure level and sweat after drinking this herbal tea as it burns calories.
Special Precautions & Warnings
Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Not enough is known about the use of “Tumuru” herbs during pregnancy and breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.
How to make a cup of Herbal tea
- Put about 1 and half glass of water in a pot. Boil once and then add
1/4 of Himalayan herbal tea sachet in it . After 1 minute keep low heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Don’t over cook it, the taste of this herb will be destroyed along with its nutrients too . Less quantity will make it tasteless. More quantity of these herbs can be added to make it stronger and enhance its taste.
- In order to enhance the effectiveness of the tea, we recommend intake as hot tea, or at least warmer than body temperature.
- **Using purified water, spring water, or any similar grade water is recommendable.
NOTE: One sachet can make upto 4 cups according to you taste.